Davidson Forum
The renovation

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Davidson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 29-05-2018 04:52:20    Onderwerp: The renovation Reageren met citaat
by Alessandra Cardone

ROME Nike Shox Gravity Pas Cher , May 18 (Xinhua) - Several thousand people crowded museums, and archaeological sites of Rome on Saturday night, as Italy took part in the annual edition of the European "Night of Museums."

Around 420 museums and sites were involved countrywide. Given its quite unique historical and cultural heritage, though, Rome offered undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable locations of Italy and authorities were satisfied with the popular response.

"We are very proud and happy with the result," Rome mayor Ignazio Marino declared. According to the mayor's office, the Night of Museums summoned 60,000 visitors in the municipal sites only Nike Shox Rivalry Femme Pas Cher , and 210,000 visitors on the whole.

This year, the entry to national and municipal museums was not totally free: a 'symbolic' 1-euro ticket was asked to each visitor. One hundred and ninety events were organized throughout the capital city, and forty sites were kept open on average until 1 a.m, according to the mayor.

Around 3 thousand people were admitted to Colosseum, the country's most visited monument, which authorities were at last able to keep open after sharp polemics had burst out in last days for none of the custodians had volunteered to work at night.

Only with reservation, people were allowed to go beyond security barriers and to queue outside the huge Roman amphitheatre Nike Shox Rivalry Homme Pas Cher , while a lot of 500 people were admitted to get in every 30 minutes.

According to the municipality, the Colosseum turned out to be one of the most visited sites along with the Capitoline Museums, which offer collections of ancient Roman and Greek sculptures and pieces of arts, the Trajan's Market, and the MAXXI museum of contemporary arts.

People flooded the streets of Rome's historic centre, trying to get a glimpse of what they liked best.

"The night is going very well for me, despite the crowd," archaeologist Marta Di Berti told Xinhua.

The young woman spoke just after being admitted inside the Trajan's Market to enjoy a classical music concert open air. Here again Nike Shox Rivalry Pas Cher , only people with reservation were permitted to attend the event, a four-hand piano performance on music of Schumann, Brahms, and Mendelssohn.

"I made my reservation the very same day the programme of the Night was released, less than an hour after the booking was opened," Di Berti explained.

"Last year I missed the visit to the ancient Roman houses beneath Palazzo Valentini because I did not book... This time, I've learnt my lesson!" she said with a smile of satisfaction.

According to organizers, the concert was repeated 5 times and 230 people were admitted for each performance. Several hundred people stopped on the walkways outside Trajan's Market anyway Nike Shox TLX Femme Pas Cher , to enjoy even without seeing the music rising from pianos performing amid the ancient ruins.

Few dozen meters away, another performance struck visitors. At the Forum of Augustus, a prominent part of Rome's imperial forums built by the founder of Roman Empire, a historical lecture was being given to people walking inside and outside the ruins.

A magnified voice explaining origins, development, and role of the original buildings of the site, and a video reconstruction accompanied the lecture, with quite stunning imagines moving in the night on what remained of the ancient walls.

"I find this performance just amazing Nike Shox Avenue Femme Pas Cher ," Viteztav Mek, a Slovakian tourist from Kosice told Xinhua.

He just arrived for a weeklong visit with his mother, and tried to enjoy at least part of the night. "We were aware of it, of course, it is a European event and it is taking place in our city too," Mek explained.

Both appreciated the performance at the Forum of Augustus, but were also a little displeased about the lecture being given in Italian language only, which made it unintelligible for them.

Not displeased at all Nike Shox Femme Pas Cher , despite a long wait outside the Complex of Vittoriano, was Stefano Capotosti from Rome. He was just about to gain his entry at the exhibition "Musee d'Orsay, Masterpieces."

"It has been a two-hour queue, but the exhibition is worth it," Capotosti told Xinhua.

He seemed to approve the event totally. "The night is great. The only handicap is the huge crowd... I don't mind to wait, but with so many people and such long queues, you can only pick up one place among many."

He would like to see more "Night of Museums" along the year. "It is good for Rome, it makes it more lively Nike Shox TLX Homme Pas Cher , and I think it is good for citizens too, especially the young people," he concluded.

His wish might be soon satisfied, as Minister of Cultural heritage Dario Franceschini declared on Sunday morning the successful night would not remain "an isolate event."

"

KIEV, May 29 (Xinhua) -- Ukrainian capital has started preparatory works for the 2018 UEFA Champions League final, the first deputy head of Kiev City State Administration Gennady Plis said here on Monday.

""We have already begun preparations for the Champions League final, which will be held in a year,"" Plis told reporters during a media briefing.

The renovation works will be concentrated around the Olympic stadium Nike Shox Avenue Homme Pas Cher , the venue of the final match, and near the Kiev airport Zhulyany, he said.

A total of 60,000 football fans are expected to visit Kiev during the event, Plis added.

In September 2016, the European football governing body UEFA has selected the Olympic stadium to host the Champions League final, which is slated for May 26, 2018.

The 70 Nike Shox 807 Homme Pas Cher ,050-seat stadium was the venue for the final match of Euro 2012 football championship co-hosted by Ukraine and Poland.

(My Railway, My Story) Part 1: Bridges

People buy ""zongzi"" to greet Dragon Boat Festival in Taipei

Various activities held across China to mark Int'l Children's Day

S. Korea's former president arrives for trial at court in Seoul

Cheongsam show held at Sanshuiwan scenic spot in Taizhou City
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Davidson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: